Children: The Kingdom
The Mission of the Highland Children’s Ministry is simple:
We want to use our hearts and hands to bless God’s littlest souls.
Jesus set the ultimate example in the gospels when he sat down and lifted up the little ones. Just by touching them, just by sharing a smile and a kind word, he made those little friends feel loved. Through our classes, our devotionals, and our special events, we hope to be a blessing to each and every child.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God who died for our sins and arose from the dead (1 Cor 15:1-8).
- That the Bible is the Inspired Word of God - "a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path" (2 Tim 3:16).
- That every person has worth as a creation of God, but that "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" (Rom 2:23).
- That forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who accept Christ as Savior and LORD (Jn 3:16, 3:36, Phil 2:10-11).
- That those accepting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith and be baptized into Him (Acts 2:38, 22:16, Rom 6:3-7).
- That the church is the Body of Christ on earth and exists to glorify God, save the lost, and edify the saved (Eph 4:1-16).
- That Jesus Christ will one day return to earth to receive His church and reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- That it is the privilege and responsibility of every Christ Follower to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ in our words and deeds (Mt 28:19-20, Mk 16:15-16).